Thursday, August 16, 2007

ahh

Having recently, ahem, acquired numerous albums, I am overjoyed at the new music available to me!!

Am particularly happy with Common's new album "Finding Forever" - sweet as, I say. I love the softness to the numbers, a mellow yet edgy feel.


Amp Fiddler, "Afro Strut" is also being played repeatedly. Deffo some tunes are more likely to be on repeat than others ( track2: "If I don't" is a fave). I do think it's an album that needs to be put aside once in a while, but until then I'm enjoying the happy soul-y, funky, melodic sounds - I'm afraid of the funk overload, though!

Am still working on the Pharoahe Monch album Desire, am not entirely convinced yet, perhaps it's not smooth enough for my liking..

Justin is still with me whenever I need a boost, thank you very much!

Finally I'm over my Carla Bruni/Emiliana Torrini/Madeleine Peyroux/Corinne Bailey Rae/etc, etc. phase. I still like to put on the folky blue sounds from time to time, but I am no longer content with only this soul searching and, well, blue musica. Halleluja! ;.)

Any music suggestions out there for me? I'm in need of new stuff!

1 comment:

kmk said...

Phew..! There are loads I could recommend! However, if the sound should have a more mellow tone to it, the list gets diminish a bit.

I would deffo recommend you try to give the new Talib Kweli - Ear Drum a listener!

What else, hmmm…! Year, both the new DJ Jazzy Jeff - The Return Of The Magnificent and Guru Jazzmatazz Vol. 4: The Hip Hop Jazz Messenger (Back to the Future) are quite easy to listen to!