Tuesday, September 11, 2007

short update

Sometimes your life just keeps on moving, and from one day to the next suddenly major changes have taken place - and actually, you yourself might even have initiated and performed them. Walking away from my new flat, after having unloaded and carried up two loads of stuff, (helped by my Danish friend who is permanently anchored in London) I had this feeling...

I have been so busy lately (I know, I know, not the conventional way, but somehow all my days get filled up with all sorts of stuff). I have expanded on my "freelancing", and this now includes nannying a couple of Danish boys. The first time I looked after them one of them managed to kick a football onto my face, breaking my glasses. I have had them glued, but perhaps this is a sign from above/below (!) to get a new pair. Perhaps these? Have been looking lately.

Time has gone fast, this last year being extremely eventful in both good and bad ways. London is my home now, although I am struggling to get that homey feeling in the new flat. I've lived there since Saturday and haven't yet cooked - so unlike me!

I don't have internet at home, so I won't really be online so much the next while (unless I come in to uni, which I have been doing the last couple of days.. who said internet junkie?).

5 comments:

cakapaje said...

Salam mlj,

After reading your reply at Nurul, I thought it would be more polite to 'officially' say hi here too.

cakapaje said...

ps. a derelict, or anything remotely near it, this blog is not.

mlj said...

I will give you an official hi too then :.)

Perhaps derelict is not the right word, just haven't been keeping it up lately. Hopefully I'll get around to it more often in near future. Until then, I'll continue to just comment on Nurul's fine blog!

cakapaje said...

I'd be delighted to have you as a guest :)

Your blog's welcome photo of London, I initially thought it was a postcard picture! Then when I scrolled further down, I realised you took the picture; its fantastic! Lovely shot! I hope you'll keep on shooting and updating soon enough.

mlj said...

Why thank you, that's kind of you :.D

It was a very special light that night... hopefully Nurul and I can soon snap another such London-night to share with you!