Tuesday, September 25, 2007

fall has come



I was sitting in the park a few days ago when a small leaf landed on my bag. It is now an unavoidable fact: The seasons have turned, and what was a wet, confusing, painful, caring, tough, self-investigating summer is over. It is fall.

The new students have been arriving in the last couple of days, and it seems such a long and such a short while since we ourselves commenced this course. This evening my coursemates will be opening the exhibition of their work of the year. I will not have any work on show. It is odd, to have been a part of this group lke everyone else, and yet not to complete together with them. I chose it, and I accept my decision (and try my best to laud it, actually), but it is not easy at all times. Au contraire.

Tomorrow I have my first "real" job interview. Scary, thrilling and slightly disconcerting. There's a full programme of 2 hours (!) including me holding a 10-minute presentation on my skills, Q&A, showing project work examples and a written test. I think that it's really a lot! I just hope I get to walk out of that room with a good feeling's all.

Less than 45 minutes to the exhibition. Judging by how jittery I feel, they must be nervous wrecks.

Hopefully the new season will not just be an end to all that is known, but rather an opportunity to begin afresh and anew.

Rain also has its charms.

4 comments:

cakapaje said...

Hi mlj!

That's a lovely picture of autumn begining; it manage to arouse a kind of sense within me that's hard to describe but perhaps best put as curious. You are definitely a good photographer!

cakapaje said...

Apologies! I was totally fixated by the picture that I forgot all about the exhibition and your interview: best of luck!

As for the jitters, I read sometime back even great actors have them. People like Marlon Brando, they would push a wall before they go on stage. He said it calms his nerves.

ps. Internet connection sucks this morning. This is the 3rd time I'm trying to get this comment posted.

nurulazreenazlan said...

hey maja, am taking the day off as prescribed by jonathan, hehe.

(i'm typing this comment half-propped by a pillow on my bed)

mlj said...

Cakapaje, thanks for the nice comments on the picture.. that leaf really drove home to me that things are happening. You know, you see the leaves on the ground, but when they reach out and touch you, it's a different story - you feel it!
My interview supposedly went well, I was offered the job today! I wasn't all convinced about my performance, but I guess they were - yay!

Nurul - good for you! You deserve it, you've worked real hard this year.