Monday, September 03, 2007

finally - a flat

Today I paid the deposit needed to secure my new residence in what's apparently a delightful place: Stoke Newington. I've only ever heard nice things about it, although some people have added a wry "..which the bourgeois upper-middle class people like" to the statement that there's a lovely organic farmer's market just around the corner. So far, I've seen tons of Turkish shops of all sorts (kiosks, fruits&vegs, cafées Turkish style, pizza places and kebab shops etc..). It's lively, which is nice.

My road is a nice residential road, not unlike the one I've lived on this last year. Ok, not AS nice, but it's the same lovely terraced houses, only with a higher percentage of unkempt and/or cemented front "gardens". Still, it has a nice feel to it, and I'm sure that I'll feel just fine coming home from baskebtall at night. The room is in a flat shared with one other, a Portuguese woman. It's about 3,5 squared, so there should be enough space for all my gear. We'll see.. I have, very slowly, begun thinking of and actually getting round to packing up my stuff. I have the room from tomorrow, so I can go there and get used to it, bringing some stuff there. I don't know if I'll fit all my things there, but, just for the record - YOU (as in: all my darling friends and family members contemplating visiting me!) are more than welcome to come and visit me, should you ever come to London! :.)

I'll throw on some pics when I've gone on recon one of these days.

No comments: