Tuesday, February 27, 2007

info overload

Lately I've been feeling that I have waay to many things going on (or irons in the fire, as we say in Danish)....!

Basketball is coming to a close for the year - meaning that we have been training, like, 4 times a week lately! Like the "good old days", almost.. Tomorrow's a knock-out game against a supposedly horridly bad team, and next weekend is the finals tournament in Sheffield - a full 3½ days. Hopefully we'll walk away the champions of the British University Sports Association's Women's Basketball League! We have a few tough games ahead, and I am looking forward to it.

However, uni is also pushing ahead, and a new draft of my essay on social sustainability in planning processes is due soon. Plus, we have a preliminary crit (i.e. critique/presentation) in the main project real soon (in which we are studying temporal development and planning, flexibility in the built environment etc). And, we have a number of lectures every Tuesday, which again deal with entirely different issues. Today was Sir Terry Farrell, who turned out to be an incredibly inspiring and knowledgable fella with a lot to say about London and the processes involved in making city.

Not to mention my continuous discussions on religion and society with my contact in the "muslim world".

I'm not complaining.

It's just a lot to handle, even for my multitasking-accustomed brain. Somehow, I just hope that I can manage to juggle all these inputs, 'cause actually I find all of them very... shall we say, educational.

4 comments:

moif said...

...and now your abut to be Snoos'ed for five days as well...

Hee hee hee...

nurulazreenazlan said...

have mercy on your, uh, muslim-connection, you're driving her up the wall. not that she needs help in doing that.

anyways, nice game. thanks for letting me tag along and 'shoot' you guys =)

mlj said...

yeah, moif, I know... it'll be a challenge :.) Look forward to it though!

And nurul - thanks for coming to the game! Some of the pics turned out quite nice.

nurulazreenazlan said...

you've been tagged!

please visit my blog to read the rules =D