Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The power of positive thinking

So, I went to this taster course for becoming a life coach, during the weekend. It was really very interesting, and it's funny how having someone to be accountable to can make us do things we wouldn't usually feel compelled to. I'll for sure be trying to apply some of the thought patterns to myself.

Positive thinking, for one, is extremely useful. Who doesn't beat themselves up for making a mistake or 'the wrong choice'..? I certainly do, even though I know it's neither helpful nor healthy to do so.

A bit of objectivity might be useful too, instead of becoming entirely engrossed in some obscure detail that seems so important to me right now. Taking that step back and reflecting on the issue.

Actually creating an 'action plan' for those things that all to often lurk at the back of my mind is also one that I'm going to try on for size. I've done that before, but with my new awareness of the importance of breaking it down into small, accessible and doable bits might actually mean that I'll follow through!

So yep, it's yet another addition to the list of 'things that'll save me'. I'm liking it.

2 comments:

moif said...

Save you from what?

mlj said...

Why, from myself of course! I tend to get too ambitious about "all these amazing things!" that I come across, of which I immerse my self in very few for longer than an initial period of infatuation. I can be fairly flighty if I'm not careful. Comes with the territory of being curious, but with little staying power.