Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Back to work

Here, in between an abundance of visits, I have managed to secure an internship that started today!

It's with an educational charity and people seem really down to earth and casual. It seems that I can influence what I will be doing. I expressed interest in sustainability and in developing educational material and 10 minutes later I was invited to take part in a meeting on Thursday developing educational material on climate change! Cool!

I think there'll be a fair deal of admin regarding the online website, but that's ok, I don't have much experience with online stuff like that. Yeah, so, I'm feeling good about this, although somehow I was hoping for a charity that was more closely related to my core aims. It'll do for now.

2 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

Hey, am glad it went well!

Sounds like you'll pick up loads of new skills with this job, which will be useful in landing that dream job of yours!

How long is the internship for?

mlj said...

Thanks babe!

I do hope it'll help me on my way.. I just have a tendency to get impatient... want things to happen now (and simultaneously being terrified of things happening..)

3 months, 4 days a week. Might be brought down to 3-3.5 days though.