Monday, March 09, 2009

Something in the air

The Danish national poet, or at least one that you'd have a very hard time not knowing about if you lived in Denmark, Klaus Rifbjerg has published yet another book. Was reading a review today and fell over this quotation from one of the poems:

Man må ha en skid på for at
klare ensomheden
den anden marts


...which translates something like this:

You've gotta be sozzled to
handle loneliness
on March 2nd


Which is why I too have embarked on a form of escape (not the one at the bottom of a bottle) in this reverberating space, where spring all but sings in the air, warmer and warmer still, the cherries blossoming, and around me couples look deeply into each others eyes with that passionate longing you have for something you've already got.

Me? I go running, I go out with friends, drinking and dancing till morning, I write down thoughts on who I think I thought I imagined I was and am. And there's a spring to my step as well.

5 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

say, have you built that camera yet?

must be awesome to capture spring blossoms through a pin-hole =)

mlj said...

No, not yet. I want to build it when I have the film for it. But apparently film is net en vogue anymore, none of the shops i've tried have it. I need to find a proper photo shop... i'll let you know when I find some.. perhaps with pics to go alongside..?

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I think nice post. Expressly the designation attracted me to study the sound story.

mlj said...

Thanks for the nice words Anonymous :)

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.