Monday, March 30, 2009

Paid my dues..?

I've had it on my list of things to do for a long while now. Somehow, it just didn't seem like the most attractive of to-do-things, but at the same time, it's sort of one of those that you can't keep putting off.

Seeking Jobseeker's Allowance. I.e. going on the dole.

Actually the woman was ok, she was neutral and helpful when I didn't know the answers to the gargantuan number of questions. What did make me realise with some severity and actually make me feel more down than up was around 50 questions on any potential sources of income. Answering "no" again and again made me feel really, really rubbish. And now here I am, with an appointment to go talk to someone at a JobCentre for an interview about my jobseeking approach or whatever it is they need to know.. I'm feeling plain busted after an hour of that...! Amazing that I have an appointment already tomorrow - I sort of expected them to take a week or two to sort that out.

So. It has come to this.

2 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

chin up babe, in my part of the world you'll be left to die on the roadside =D

mlj said...

yeah yeah, I know. I shouldn't complain, right?

I went for my interview today, and apparently received a 'free' sign-in as the day I should otherwise have gone there for the first time is a bank holiday. Nice.

I have committed to making two phone calls to some random governmental job-line, two phone calls to potential employers and sending two job applications a week. This is a bit less than I was already doing, so I think it's just easy money in the bank as long as I'm unemployed..!