Friday, March 06, 2009

Sej - Yappari



Although I haven't the faintest what this is about I find it remarkably soothing. Kyoko Hosono is a Japanese classical pianist who has branched into more contemporary music with the ensemble Xinowa Sej. Here are a few more snippets of her music.

I'm finding that I take a lot greater interest in music these days. I listen to music al the time when I'm at home, and my trusty little silver ipod brings the music along with me when I'm out and about. In some ways I feel that it's about creating a world of my own, one that I can float around in to the tunes I select. Somehow, the term "soundtrack of my life" seems very appropriate. And in this case, my life is turning fairly jazzy these days, jazzy and electronic and just a wee bit.. well, I don't know what to call it, but check these out: the Fleet Foxes. I keep coming across new bands, and have no time to pursue them all. But I like it.

3 comments:

moif said...

They say music makes people as happy as sex does. Something to do with chemicals being released in the brain.

I'm not sure if I like the music, but it is 'smooth' though. The Imperial Japanese Battle standard is a bit of a contradiction though, I'm wondering what exactly she's singing about?

mlj said...

Well, that might explain my current interest in music then, haha!

I have no idea as to the subject of her songs, but I really like the eastern twist..

What's the "Imperial Japanese Battle standard"?

moif said...

The sun burst flag. Thats the battle standard used by the Imperial Japanese Navy.