Sunday, January 18, 2009

Step 1.

Today I tried both meditating and yoga for the first time, all in the privacy of my own room..

I downloaded a couple of podcasts on the subject and selected some that sounded and looked to be of a fairly reasonable quality.

The yoga was YOGamazing (pretty darned corny name!), and I selected the episode with exercises for runners. It was fairly easy to do, even in the limited space of my bedroom, and I could certainly feel everything stretch. I've downloaded a couple more and will give them a shot. Only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm not doing the stretches right.. I'm thinking that maybe, at least initially, I should do some supplementary classes just to get the poses right. Don't want to do any harm in all my eagerness.

The meditation was from some Australian meditation society, and apart from the tinny voice, I had nothing to fault them for either. There's a whole series of sessions, so I'll be working my way through them, one a day hopefully.

Now I just need to figure out a good order for my yoga, meditation and running! Running first, then the stretches and then clearing the mind?

5 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I always do the stretches first, often while hanging from the branch of a tree.

nurulazreenazlan said...

well guru maja, i await your enlightenment, though i may really have to do it in the privacy of my room since they've issued a fatwa banning yoga in our beloved country ;P

Ommm..

mlj said...

Gosh, I didn't realise. I guess they want to be in control of the *type* of *enlightenment* that people have... Sheesh, there really is no end to what they ban over there, huh?!

nurulazreenazlan said...

i learn from the best, hahaha!

mlj said...

yeah, go easy on all that banning and censoring of yours.. perhaps you should try to unlearn it again, real soon :.)

I'm no guru by the way. You're my guru, you know that. My religious guru.

M