Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009

It's a new day in a new year, and the sun is flowing into my living room. Around me what seems to be a constant fog in London these days is lifting and I hear children playing from a nearby schoolyard.

I haven't made any resolutions this year ("it's so passee, don't you think?"), but I feel the newness, the freshness of a new number on the calendar, inspiring thoughts of what might be and what I could do.

As I enter the new year things feel brighter and 'on the up'. I hope to continue the upward curve and shall do whatever I can to ensure so. I think it's time to actually do some of those things I always wished I would do, but never did.

First up: Yoga/meditation.
I've considered this many times, but somehow always backed/chickened out. Who knows - it might be great! As I've been working with other aspects of myself lately, this seems a natural extension in a way. I'll let you know how I get on.

Take care all, and the best wishes for an enlightening and wonderful year ahead.

2 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

Well there's always religion.

No?

;P

mlj said...

I actually laughed when reading this - you cheeky little thing! After our long ramblings on religion, I can just see the twinkle in your eyes as you would say something like this.. :.)

I guess there is always religion, it's just not for me. I hesitate to put a word to what I believe in, I think it's more of a feeling than an actual concept. Although love/care/compassion/personal development/expanding the mind in all ways, are all concepts that I can relate to.