Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Group work as opposed to individual work

What is more important: To be able to participate satisfactorily in group work or to be able to work entirely individually?

I sincerely hope that having capabilities in the group work category will bring me far in my upcoming career, 'cause my individual skills are truly lacking. It's just easier for me to be motivated when I'm working *with* someone.. I'm beginning to think that this "being independent"- thing is something I'll have to battle with forever, at least with regards to urban design :.)

I have got only two months to do some seriously sweet urban design work on my own, so I had better get going on a steep learning curve! Tomorrow, to the British Library, where I cannot procrastinate, at least not without getting so bored that I fall asleep.. which is then again also a challenge to my studies.. but it's better, at least I get SOME work done!

Here's a nice peaceful pic from Nordhavn in Copenhagen to wrap up a post about something entirely different..! Enjoyed a couple of hours with my dear childhood friend there (know her for 26 years!), watching the boats sail by and soaking up the last rays of the sun..


It's off to bed for me, so, one love to y'all, thanks for dropping by my very irregularly updated blog of sorts.

1 comment:

moif said...

Well if you say life is a jungle, then ask yourself, would your chances of survival improve with a group of people in a jungle (provided they weren't cannibals), or by yourself?

I think being able to work in a group is serious advantage, unless you are a virtuoso of some kind. Most of the greatest artists in history didn't work alone either. They had plenty of students and apprentices to do all the drudge work for them.

So did Eddison for that matter. Tesla was a far brighter man. Way more accompished. Perhaps the greatest brain of his generation, and yet it was Eddison who succeeded in getting society to adopt his (inferior) technology by virtue of his extensive staff and his ability to work with other people... or get other people to work for him, which is probably the best strategy if you can pull it off.

I'd rather be Tesla though...