Thursday, May 10, 2007

the neverending story...

I remember hearing about a book, written with red and green ink, and which would continue in a coherent fashion if you were to re-start it once finished. I was very fascinated by this and naturally read it as soon as I could ahold of it. I read virtually anything I could get my hands on back then, incuding the dictionary and any obscure mathematical/feminist books stored by my parents. Amazing as the book was, I didn't have the energy to re-read the book after the first go, at least not more than a few pages. I was however striken by the weaving of story lines and time that was necessary in order to create this endless loop of a book.

Now I find myself in a situation, that seems similar. Whenever I "finish" something, I need to redo it. Doing my portfolio for this semester, I am virtually redoing it all (and I am sure that I could easily redo it all once more when I am done) in order to make it just remotely attractive to the tutors. Perhaps not "just" like in the book, but the general drift is there. This is one long year of studies. And I am NOT impressed by the weaving and general messiness of this course.



edited to add...

1 comment:

nurulazreenazlan said...

Seriously, the neverending story? whoopee! There is actually a book that goes by that name? Or does this book carry a different title?

Anyhoo, the course WILL end (I'll make sure it ends for me anyways), and once it ends, we know we're gonna miss it ;P

Till then, keep your thinking cap on!