Thursday, February 25, 2010

Inside

A basketball rests on my window sill, together with stacks of disused ID cards from every step along the way. And a pod that says "Hello, ancient friend!!".

Sometimes I wonder what people make of me when they meet me. They don't know that I've played ball for many years, or that I've lived overseas, or that I have a crazy little friend who's addicted to pods.

The image we present of ourselves to others, coloured by our own perceptions of ourselves, and of others, and of how others see us, only reveals as much as we can and are willing to convey. There will always be an internal knot of *me*, which never sees the light of day. Even allowing people anywhere near that is scary.

5 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

Hello, ancient friend!



Hugs,

Crazy little friend who's addicted to pods.


=p

mlj said...

Hello my dear - I miss you and your pods :)

nurulazreenazlan said...

actually, my pods ARE with you.


they're in the drawing tube i left in your room =p

mlj said...

You're kidding?! THAT's what I've been feeling on my face when I'm sleeping ;)

I miss you more than your pods. But they disappeared from your phd-list-of-subjects, you giving up on them? Replaced by robots, eh?

nurulazreenazlan said...

i actually forgot! damn.


i don't know if PhD is a good idea with brain power like this =p