Saturday, February 27, 2010

8 days to go till marathon day!

Work is keeping me very very busy these days, and I've felt exhausted when I finally got home. My training for the marathon I'm running next week hasn't lived up to my hopes because I've felt drained and tired, and haven't had the extra umpf to go get all the miles in that I need.. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, even though I know that it's not my "fault". This will be my first marathon and I really wanted to do well, to be well prepared and feel a whole lot more secure with my level of fitness and running skills. After putting in all those runs and hours on cold winter days it feels a bit of waste to let it all float so close to the race..

I've felt all along that I can do this, and I know that unless something goes very very wrong on the day I will complete, which is my basic goal. My secondary goal has been to run under 4 hours, and I was hoping that with the right training I might be able to go under 3:45. I've been re-adjusting that - I'd be really happy with anything under 4 hours, but have less hope of 3:45. But I have a feeling that just completing will pretty much make my day :.D

I'm getting nervous about the 42km next Sunday, but have accepted that I will just have to do what I can - that's all I can do! Wow, 8 days to go now!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

best of luck!

hugs,

N

moif said...

Luck sent by first class vibe

mlj said...

Thanks you two - I'll make good use of it!

M