Thursday, October 02, 2008

So. 28.

I apologise in advance for the soggyness of this post; however most of you will know that this is what happens to me when left to my own devices. I turn pensive and grateful. And loud about it.

Long gone are the days were I would collect chestnuts in the large pleasure grounds north of Copenhagen with my childhood friend and build a city of chestnuts and matchsticks and animals to roam the streets.
Gone are the painful teenage years where fitting in and achievement seemed so important and was measured primarily in the number of guys you snogged.

And here I am in a (no longer so foreign) country, jobless (of my own accord, granted), and with a fairly uncertain future. And 28.

It's been a bumpy ride so far, with ups and downs, and there are few things I would have been without. One thing I have learned though, is to appreciate the nearness and caring of valued friends (and family members, who in effect are also friends), even when we are not physically near. I am lucky to have many people in my life who care and worry about me when I'm down, and who celebrate with me when things go well.

And for that I am thankful.

M

4 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

So, by measuring achievement in the number of guys you snogged, were you a big success then? hehe.

Happy 28th kiddo =)

mlj said...

Heh! not really ;.) I did my best, but never seemed to be able to keep up, haha!

Thanks for the b-day wish :.)

moif said...

We made lil animals for Freja too.
She wrecked them.
*sigh*

Happy birthday (when was it exactly?)

mlj said...

She seems to have a destructive streak, that one..! But on the other hand, what's the point of making chestnut animals/cities if not to play Godzilla at the end..?

Birthday was on October 2nd. Is, I guess :.)