Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hibernation

Snow is falling over London town tonight. I didn't believe it at first; it was raining heavily as I worked my way home. Now, large snow flakes drop silently to the ground (bar one, which landed on my hand and was imbibed), and what seems a grey mass obscures my view. Surprising as it is, it somehow seems appropriate, having just turned back the clocks in accordance with the cultural construct of "daylight savings".

It suits my mindset fairly well. I think it's time to pull the covers over my head for some numbing sleep. Perhaps a full 6 months or so?

3 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

my experience with snow totaled up to the very grand number of 3 days. i can vividly remember all 3 and how i spent them =)

people from my part of the world may have different aspirations and beliefs but one thing we will all share is our fascination with snow. it's magic.

don't sleep for 6 months love, that's called hibernation and you aren't exactly a bear are you? hehe.

moif said...

Snow is highly over rated

mlj said...

Nurul,

Apparently it is the first time since 1934 that London has seen snow in October, which perhaps helps to explain my surprise.
I have a feeling things might look brighter 6 months from now, and honestly I do feel a bit like a bear now and again. Roar!

Moif, I think snow is a little bit magical. At least when it's falling, After that first frosty, clear bright night of it, it fairly often turns into 3 weeks of nasty slush, so yeah, it isn't all good :.)