Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back into it

Running update:

After a week of feeling a bit wobbly, I'm back! No more tired muscles and nausea. I've run a 12 km total for today and yesterday - yay!

Today I went 7km, the farthest I have registered yet, although I think my trip to Finsbury Park last week was longer, it just didn't register properly with my new-found love, the nike+ gear. Anyway, it's an improvement, and I'm feeling more and more confident that my goal of 60km for August is doable (you can follow my progress in the little widget I've added on this page)!

It's actually a real satisfaction to have begun doing exercise again, and particularly the fact that this is a solo venture, it's something I am doing solely because I want to. Basketball is so easy to do sometimes, there are people waiting for me, I've made a commitment, it's what I've always done, etc. With this running deal, it's all about me and what I want to achieve, in terms of individual workouts and longer term goals such as getting back into a decent shape. Also trying to keep up in the challenges with other runners on the nike+ website is pretty 'inspiring', but that's another story :.)

Running was always such a chore when basketball was at its height, running around the 'lakes' in Copenhagen in rain and wind before a court training. I loathed it. Which makes it ever more surprising to actually be looking forward to going running now.

1 comment:

moif said...

Well done!

Keep up the good work.

=)