Monday, June 18, 2007

reflections: 2

Being back in the family home brings forth a great deal of emotional dealings.


My brother is graduating and is looking a lot older than my mental image of him as an annoying six-year old brat (!), and my parents are working on selling the house that we moved in to just prior to his birth; a house that has been my sanctuary for nearly 20 years. Here's a thought: Can their new home, in the mild, beautiful and calm countryside of the north of Sjælland, become as much a home and a base for me as this one is now? I'm hoping the cliché "home is where the heart is" will prove true. The pictures look lovely, totally rural idyll, with a thatched roof and halftimbered structure. I hope to go see the new house in the weekend, after the wedding on Saturday.


So many things are happening now. I have taken an opportunity to stop and reflect on what is important. My family, friends, "career", interests long neglected.... I am at a crossroads right now, without knowing what sort of roads I am facing. It is clear to me, however, that my choice of career needs a thorough thinking through. Perhaps it is time to pursue what I am good at, enhancing my strong points so I can actually have some authority in a field instead of being moderately good at a lot of things.

1 comment:

nurulazreenazlan said...

Jack of all trades, master of none.

You no longer want to be a jack, my fren?