Saturday, April 14, 2007

another week! oh heaven!

A couple of days ago I managed to finally get through my stand-still in the project. It was such a relief, that now I'm going to reward myself with an afternoon off ;.)

Recently I've been fretting quite a bit over my up-coming project hand-in, due late this month. Yesterday, however, I was told that the due date has been pushed a week, meaning that I now have more time... great! But it also means that I have an extra week to sit in front of the computer, fighting with a blasted expansion vision plan about St Neots... Oh well, I guess I should focus on the reason I'm doing this - because I actually like it and am interested in it.. *Keep telling yourself, keep telling yourself....*

And also, another bonus incurred by the shifted due date is the fact that I can now participate in the sports awards dinner at uni. It's a yearly do at uni for the participants in the
sports organised by the school, celebrating the achievements. Clara says it's a lot of fun, so I look forward to having a nice dinner with my team mates (and getting a little someting-something for our 2nd place in the UK tournament!).

Anyways, it feels like summer over here, 25 degrees announced for today, and a nice warm living room.. It's remarkable how much the weather affects your mood - can't help but smile these days when a ray of sun hits the table I'm working at.

4 comments:

moif said...

It was a bit moody today, like the sun couldn't quite make up its mind, but in the end it was warm enough for me to go swimming without my coat.

=)

The last week has been very pleasant. Almost like summer. Alas, the flies have already awoken. Its going to be an infested summer I fear.

How are you two doing?

mlj said...

swimming? sure ssounds nice! :.)

we are doing well, albeit a bit busy with school. We've been cooped up at home for quite some time now. went to the movies today for a freebie movie with clara and anders, the painted veil. it was great to get out. you know how you can get that feeling when you get close to home - oh no, we're home - knowing all the stuff that is waiting for you.. get that way too much these days. when i get out ;.)

I heard mette has a job interview tomorrow - very exciting! We're thinking of her and crossing all that we can!

hope all's well over there?

moif said...

Better and better. Swimming is always a sign of prgoress =)

mlj said...

i'm glad to hear that! :.)