Tuesday, March 20, 2007

London:PINK

Springtime, clear blue skies and the soft touch of a sun ray on your cheek. Ahh!


BTW. I've only recently begun wearing pink comfortably. As far back as I can remember, the color pink was a cause of great dispear. My mom would try to dress me in all sorts of pink garments, and I would object as loudly as I could and in the most obnoxious way possibly. I in particular recall a pink corduroy oshkosh b'gosh overall dress that would cause a tearful fit whenever she brought it to the fore. Now, I think it would be absolutely adorable for a 4-5 year old... Does that give me reason to not have kids of my own? I mean, being so disconnected from even my own experiences as a kid, how would it ever turn out should I (in due time, mom, don't get excited - there's no hidden agenda in this!) manage to spawn some?

2 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

ehem, what's wrong with the colour pink? hehe.

i shared your sentiment when i was younger. in fact, until my 1st few years at uni, i'd stay away from anything pink. it was not, uh, cool. pink was associated with doll-like girls who'd squeal with delight while pretending to be angry whenever a group of boys wolf-whistle at them. these are also girls who took extra care of their appearance, always having their features made-up and proper.

me? i was always found wandering around the school wearing flip flops or comfortable sport sandals in a baggy t-shirt and jeans, or track bottom. oh and the occasional converse sneakers if i needed to wear shoes.

now pink is just another color =D

talking about having kids eh, maja? hehe.

mlj said...

woman, I knew I could trust on you to act as my mom in her absence... ;.)