Thursday, December 21, 2006

home, sweet...

It was a long journey home to the "butter hole", as Denmark's called, but it was all worth it. We were received by K's dad at the airport, and were transported safely home to Aalborg under a cheerful chatter, to a table of Danish food!

Since then we've had (more) lovely home-made food and have wandered around the inner city, all decked in holiday trimmings - lights and fir, red bows and christmas hearts. Lovely. Especially all those smells, of glögg, burnt almonds, æbleskiver, really help. I'm nearing a remote realisation of the fact that christmas is just around the corner,
about time, I think! The mild weather does seems utterly out of place though - 10 degrees C on the 20th of December is just plain odd!

The plan for tomorrow is to finish the gift shopping during the day and then to have a traditional Northern Jutland christmas meal... very interesting, according to the descriptions!

2 comments:

moif said...

Too bad we missed you. I think the contagion is passed now, but it was very annoying to have missed the one opportunity to see you this time around. Looking forward to seeing 'the family' on Monday. I wish you could be there too.

Have a lovely time with your peeps.

=)

mlj said...

Hi Nyonya! Hope you have a great time in Dorset - and do make sure you have a bit of fun with your friend... Btw - you're not usually grumpy, are you? :.)

Moif - I most certainly agree. I had really looked forward to seeing you guys, and was mighty disappointed when you caught that horrid stomach flu. I'm glad you are all better, and hope you have a lovely first family christmas at your place. I'll be thinking of you! I guess we'll see each other next time 'round then..!

My best to your beautiful better half and that lovely girl of yours!

Maja