Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stormy waters

Recently has been a rough time. Work has been manic and my standard response to tasks being sent my way of "Sure, I'll get that done" have led me to places I don't want to revisit.

A set of circumstance so elaborate that you couldn't make it up have meant that I had 3x as much work to do, even before 2 of our 5-woman strong team buckled with various ailments and 2 rock-solid volunteers got jobs and hence disappeared as support. I knew it was going to be a hardcore period before all this took place but my work load weighed deeper with each person dropping.

I've felt a strain, a tightening in my heart, my stomach clenched, shoulders tense. I've been lonely in nondescript hotel rooms, missed my friends and family, not had the energy or time to put in my training runs, felt tired and stressed. I've had enough of this. Saturday marked 9 workshop delivery days in March, and I have a further 3 to go before I'm released into the calmer waters that is April.

Day off tomorrow. Gorgeous. I reckon I'll sleep in, go for a run, bake something and go do my yoga. 

No comments: