Saturday, May 28, 2011

District to home


Went to visit my lovely friends in Richmond today. They had a baby last autumn and since moved to the other side of London. I don't see them as often as I used to. My friend's sister was visiting from overseas with her daughter. The two girls are just 6 weeks apart in age. Needless to say, this visit involved a lot of baby focused activities.
I'm on the tube, heading home. I'd forgotten it's Saturday night, damned be my recently incredibly aged ways.

There's a middle aged coupled snogging the tongues out of each others faces, a waft of alcohol breath drifting past now and again, an elderly man sleeping while wearing a remarkable fez, a posh man in a blue kilt holding a balloon and a young woman with sparkles on her heavily made up face, in line with her incredibly orange fake-tan legs, tiny miniskirt and brash red lipstick. I feel like a weird transplant from another world.

No comments: