Thursday, June 05, 2008

Opti-what?

Someone once said to me that he did not understand my optimism. Or rather, he could not understand how I could possibly continue to be an optimist. He couldn't live with the disappointments that inevitably follow.

I do get disappointed. I do get hurt, feel blue and sad, lonely and upset, but I wouldn't for anything give up the exhilaration and elation that I also get to feel at times. Granted, I realise that it will end, but at least I have that wonderful feeling for some time.

This time round I could feel that I was on the top for a long time, and began to anticipate the downturn. It doesn't make it any nicer, but at least I knew that it was happening.

Another of my tricky traits, I guess.

2 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

Your optimism is infectious!

Please don't stop being optimistic, God knows how we can use more people like you =)

I'll just stick with being foolhardy *wink*

mlj said...

Thanks hun..

Had a "growing-up" day yesterday.

Had disappointing experiences with people, work politics, hopes for my uni work... and myself.

Realised that I need to be in a certain way in certain situations, which I assume is not a bad thing, but there was definately an element of 'innocentce lost', and it hurts me to see myself becoming less and less trusting and dreamy.

Things aren't all bad, I'm just.. well, growing up, realising tthat manipulations and politics are a part of it all.