Monday, May 19, 2008

moods

It had been a perfectly normal day (that is, other than the fact that my desk buddy has been replaced by a new colleague, which is to be expected once in a while). I went to the cinema armed with tickets to a random movie a friend couldn't make, thinking that this would be a lovely evening - catch a flick and then zap on home, make dinner and just cosy up at home.

I didn't even check what screen the movie was on - everyone waving the a4 tickets were converging at a door marked "special screening", so I followed, sat down and settled in the deep, deep blue seats. The movie started, and vaguely remembering something like a cowboy on the add for the film thought that these black and white shots of couples kissing didn't quite match up. I was in the wrong cinema. I decided to give it a go (people kissing passionately in aesthetically pleasing b/w shots is alright), and the movie turned out to be about a new year's eve in LA, and a story revolving around two people (one with a newly broken and hurtful heart, the other on the emotional mend) randomly meeting and in a sweet, non-sticky manner, somehow helping each other with the places they are at. And showing love not as a rosy sweet-smelling situation of tender moments, but rather a painful and fleeting series of situations, consequences and occasionally pure moments. It was good. Funny. And I left feeling touched and disturbed in a way that thankfully more and more rarely sneaks up on me on the breeze.

So here I sit all in my lonesome, trying to put off something of which I am not yet aware.

1 comment:

nurulazreenazlan said...

*elvis singing are you lonesome tonight in the background*

what's the title of this movie? if it's not too graphic then maybe it won't get banned here and i can catch it at the cinema =D

last weekend i realized that we can't expect the same level of commitment or even the same level of communication with all of our relations. silly isn't it? to realize that now. maybe i was living in a bubble all these while. it's not that i didn't know, but maybe in these trying times i was expecting more from people.

over dinner on saturday a dear friend told me that maybe i should stop worrying about counting the support and just concentrate on sorting myself out. she told me that we are never completely alone. all these years she has been like my alter ego, our lifestyles are exactly polar opposites, and yet it is only to her i can tell all because i know she won't judge me.
she told me that as a friend, her job is to offer comfort. and that is what i am carrying forward.

and so you, luv, are not alone =) for i may not always understand what's going on in that danish head of yours, but i can always pretend to listen and i hope by doing so, i will offer comfort =D

*michael jackson singing you are not alone in the background. lame, i know. but i am feeling rather sappy at the moment, huhu*